Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gotta blog, I was told too


Anticipation. I got to the line with an idea of who I wanted as Mr. Walsh gave me two names, which I had never heard before. Wikipedia was the next step and when the title popped up, Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs, I had to investigate. I mean seriously, everyones cuckoo for coco puffs. Its the chocolate cereal of the gods, okay back on subject.

That nerdy teen you see everyday, the metal head with the black shirts and long hair, which obviously has never been washed, first popped into my head as I looked at his other titles. Finally I saw a picture. He's that nerdy kid with the deprived life and sarcastic sense of humor.

Yes, stereotyping was a big part of my selection process. It's high school, stereotyping rules the world.

So there you go, Chuck Klosterman, the awkward metal head turned author.

2 comments:

  1. Now, the man looks like a "Chuck Klosterman" if it was ever possible to look like a certain name. I'm interested in what Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs is about... be sure to update the plotline when you start reading it for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dido what Sam said. That seems like a really interesting title. I hope when you read the book it's good.

    I was also going to say that I like you're author's glasses, and his hair, and the color his shirt. Actually I like the picture as a whole with it's city background. My author is just old looking. Well not really, she's like a young looking old person. Now that I think about it, I don't even think she's that old.

    Just thought I'd throw that in there in case you care.

    ReplyDelete